Forum Home user cp Members Faq? Calendar
USM News & Home page Downloads USM Store Contact USM Links Mission    
Register Today!

Welcome to the UnitedStatesMilitia.com community !

As a citizen of the United States, you are a member of the Constitutionally guaranteed unorganized militia.

Everything you have heard about militias from the media is likely wrong. Main stream news has primarily reported on the negative stereotypes and criminal activity of groups that have nothing to do with militia. The true militia has exactly the opposite purpose; to uphold the law and the Constitution.

The USM is a growing community of Americans that believe that the supreme laws of our Constitution must be diligently protected and upheld. Fostering the lawful rebirth of State militia is a crucial step in preserving the Republic.

America promises freedom for all and we pride ourselves on being inclusive; Every Color, Every Culture, One Country.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. Take a moment to join our community and you will join hundreds of members with access to special features. Registration is easy and free and carries no obligation.

If you have any questions, or any problems with the registration process, please CLICK HERE to contact us.

Not A Member Yet? REGISTER today and become part of the USM community.

Go Back   United States Militia Forums > The Green Dragon Tavern > Current Events
USM Store Donate to USM.com USM Video Classroom USM Quiz Center USM Awards

Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
2nd Article
Discens

USA State:
2nd Article has embarked on a distinguished road
Default Remember the gunfire report from S. Indiana?

This was sent to me by a member of our group. It was a comment regarding the "Sons of Liberty" statement we all scrambled to discern a month ago or so. I looked for the old thread but could not find it, I thought it was some news everyone may be interested to hear. The author was going to leave it as a comment on our youtube channel but decided to e-mail it instead...

I was going to post this on your video comment about gunfire in S.
Indiana, but decided it would be better to delete that and send
direct to you, it's intended for you specifically. "FYI"
-----
Indiana Sons of Liberty 'militia' is a COINTELPRO operation.
Please disregard any comm chatter coming from this 'group'!!!
Original message is *authentic* and was posted by the regional ISL
command.
One additional note: Indiana Sons of Liberty is a provocateur
group that has stated on more than one occasion that "police &
government employees are the enemy". This is NO legitimate militia.
Several local/state agencies are currently investigating this group
as what my source describes as an "active threat" (read: loose
cannons).
-----

The fellows that are organizing people to be a part of this tried
to disrupt the Indiana Militia Corps, and when they failed, that is
when they formed ISL. IMC lost probably about 8-9 members to the
siren song of this group; individuals who in retrospect we see as
having unidentified issues that would have rendered them
disqualified by our membership standards.

From what I understand, ISL also has been taking a 'soft' approach
to the racist fringe. Publicly they deny alignment with racism, but
a couple of my senior officers in G2 came to me with some
interesting facts. It seems that the ISL leadership has been
courting the alliance of small paramilitary groups all over Indiana
that are more about racism than the Constitution; this includes
specific units of the former Indiana Citizens Volunteer Militia
(now defunct), as well as unaffiliated cell groups around the
state.

This is all I will post currently on this issue. I have removed the contact info and names as now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have posted this at all. I thought it was important to note, and research further.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
ISL State CO

USA State:
ISL State CO has embarked on a distinguished road
Angry Time to clear the air!

The ISL, as a whole, strongly believes in accurate information, and not hearsay and rumors. This is why the SOP of the ISL is to verify with our own eyes, and not view anything as Gospel unless we, ourselves, can confirm it. We operate in this manner not only for the good of the ISL, but for the good on the patriot movement in general. We are advocates of boots on the ground, and eyes on target. In other words, we don't use 2+ year old satellite imagery from Google Earth to make up stories about FEMA death camps because someone sees something that looks like stacks of coffins at one specific rail yard in northern Indiana. But this is a debate for another time.

I find it very disheartening, and one hell of a distraction, to have to come up here and lower myself to the same level as the author of the original disinformation. I have a very good idea who the source is because he's been pissed off at me, and several other Ex-IMC members (who are now ISL officers) because we all jumped ship at the same time, and for good reason.

The reason for leaving the IMC in the first place was because of a total lack of leadership within the IMC as a whole because of its rigid top-down command structure. I had been in contact with the IMC for 2 years prior to starting the ISL. And as an engineer, I know when it’s time to throw out everything and start over, rather than try to change it, and the IMC fits the criteria of “throw out”. No one in the ISL has ever actively recruited people from the IMC.

People join of their own free will. Our reasoning is that if someone really wants to join the ISL, then they need to do their own homework by contacting us, and asking questions. Just like our INTEL SOP, boots on the ground, go to the source, that being us, and ask us the questions directly. The same goes for ALL members of law enforcement – if you want to know something about the ISL, then you contact ME! Don’t try to backdoor our ass, because that’ll only add more coal to the conspiracy and anti-government freight train.

I was never a member of the IMC because I was never comfortable with providing all of the sensitive, detailed, personal information about myself. In a nutshell, the IMC commander requires 3 pages of detailed information, plus a copy of your DD-214, a copy of your handgun permit, a recent photograph, and more. Not to mention that the IMC commander works for state corrections. This is why so many people left, or never joined the IMC in the first place. And ever since the ISL began, he’s been screaming, and throwing a fit, and doing everything in his power to undermine the ISL, and any other group in the state that he knows of. The IMC commander suffers from an oversized ego, and an over active imagination. There are unconfirmed reports that he’s been trying to set himself up as the commander of ALL militia groups east of the Mississippi river! Yeah, right. Good luck with that one!

The ISL screens everyone that is interested in wearing our patch. We meet with everyone, face to face. They are not given a position of authority unless they can prove themselves to the rest of the membership. We run a tight ship, and friends and family involvement is what we base our membership on. We are decentralized in structure, for the most part. Even though I’m considered the State CO, the higher in rank, the more administrative the job. So basically, I am only a figurehead, you might say. I provide the glue to keep everyone together, and I also act as a wet blanket to insure we don’t have ANY loose cannons. You can see a little bit of the ISL command structure by simply visiting our website.

There was also mention of the Indiana Citizens Volunteer Militia (ICVM). The ICVM is the grand daddy of the militias in Indiana. When the webmaster for the ICVM was thrown out, he started the Indiana Militia Corps (IMC). And when he left, he stole the entire membership list of the ICVM and contacted each of them to get them to join the IMC. This is the same “commander” that I’ve been referring to throughout this rant.

The ICVM as a whole is not functioning, but there are several active pockets of left-over ICVM personnel, some of which, are now members of the ISL. Another group that has not been mentioned is the Indiana Sedentary Militia (ISM). They are also a spin-off from either the ICVM or the IMC. The ISL also has several Ex-ISM members as well.

In closing, if you hear any “stories” about the ISL, before it starts being regurgitated all over the Internet, and people start to believe it, contact me first. I have an open-door policy and will do my best to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for the bandwidth and your time

Don
State CO
Indiana Sons of Liberty
Old 01-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
bucktact308
USM Regulator

USA State:
bucktact308 has embarked on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to bucktact308
One Year Tenure: Award for 1 Year active service in the USM Community. To qualify for this award, a member must also be actively working with a local group within the USM Community. - Issue reason: Qualified Participation USM Marksman: Award for completing a minimum 16 hour entry level Marksmanship training class from Appleseed project or a recognized  Commercial training provider. To qualify, a member should also be actively working with a local group within the USM Community. - Issue reason: Qualified Army Veteran:  - Issue reason: Qualified Service Law Enforcement:  - Issue reason: Qualified Service USM Rifleman: Award for achieving a cumulative minimum of 100 hours in Advanced training from a provider. Applicants must also be actively working with a local group within the USM Community  and have demonstrated a period of commitment to the USM project. - Issue reason: Qualified State Guard:  - Issue reason: Qualified Service 
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Don, thank you for your post here on the U.S.M. There are allways two sides to every story. I'm glade you took the time to clear things up. In the future I would like to encourage everyone to go to the source, as you said for information, or for any question that they might have.

Buck.

WATCHMEN OF ALABAMA
3%
OATH KEEPER'S
Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
ISL State CO

USA State:

Buck,

You're welcome, and thank you in return.

Don
State CO
Indiana Sons of Liberty
Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
2nd Article
Discens

USA State:
2nd Article has embarked on a distinguished road

Don,
First, I am the one that posted this without checking the source first. My appologies, honestly, I meant to follow up on it and fell behind. When this whole "story" came about, all we were able to find out about the 'goings on in Indiana" was a somewhat concerning post someone found on 'craigslist' of all things. After communicating throughout the day on USM, we found no additional info on the 'story'. It's somewhat disheartening to me that these things are happening amongst the militia and lead to what occured. However I do understand it does.
Thanks again for adding your side, and once again, my appologies for not contacting you first. I thought I had checked for a website when this whole thing originally came about without any luck. If you don't mind, would you post your website so we can better communicate in the future?
Thanks again...2nd
Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
ISL State CO

USA State:

2nd,

No problem. I wasn't busting on you.

The Craig's List information that you referred to, the "individual" that posted that information is part of at least one muslin group here in Indiana. One of my guys found a muslin Yahoo Discussion group a couple of days ago that this guy was the moderator of. I'll get the links for them if you'd like to see them.

Our website is www.indianasonsofliberty.com

In Liberty...
www.indianasonsofliberty.com
Old 05-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #7
borrows123

USA State:
borrows123 has embarked on a distinguished road

Being a militia forum I would think in most cases, most if not all of us would be engaged in some form of activity or another. It's what we train for. Whether it be to quell civil unrest in our communities or in the states we live in, in general.

It's always good to practice survival skills and be able to care for you and yours if/when the SHTF but, I think people are hazing the lines between militias and survivalists. Survivalists most likely will head to the hills. Militias will be where they are needed.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #8
knob2040
Discens

USA State:
knob2040 has embarked on a distinguished road

Nothing like accusations of COINTELPRO by COINTELPRO against a non-cointelpro to kick start everyones morning.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
zatango
Milites

USA State:
zatango has embarked on a distinguished road

Just my 2 cents, but I think threads like this although well intended could be seen as weekness by our enemies on all fronts and a way for them to gather intel.

There has to be a way to properly communicate alerts or urgent matters w/o posting on public forums showing usernames.

I think our movement and America in general needs a completely anonymous style website kinda like bulletin boards of the early 1990's. No registration required, simply postings by state level groups and then nation wide alerts.

We could easily share the website link by other means than public forums.

I'm currently finishing up a simply text based site that allows you to pick a state, a subject line and message and then submit it to the related bulletin board.

I'll share this link in July.

-Voltaire-
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
Truthteller

USA State:
Truthteller has embarked on a distinguished road
Default ISL is a COINTELPRO Operation

As a former member I can verify the earlier story.

ISL is a COINTELPRO Operation.

Don Shoebridge, State CO, is most likely an FBI informant. By his own mouth, he has admitted to dropping names of former members to the FBI and ATF.

ISL stores personal info and passes it on to feds. ISL does not train, discourages members from recruiting or growing organization or being public. The FBI informant goes around the state snooping and collecting INTEL on militias and patriots. He visits their homes to find out what supplies and weapons they have stored. What a nice way for the government to get INTEL without a warrant. Invite a fellow "patriot" into your home...

ISL goes to a lot of effort to have a fake militia, to collect unsuspecting patriots and spread lies and rumors about real militia groups in the area. Their whole goal is to disrupt the patriot movement with the false flag group and keep good patriots from getting organized and having training while keeping them under the safe watchful eye of the FBI/ISL.

Most members of the ISL have no idea they are in a COINTELPRO group. Most are good solid guys and gals.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!